Body Online ?!
Open call for Screendance submissions to 2022 Taiwan Dance Platform
Screendance Showcase of the 2022 Taiwan Dance Platform is now open for submissions. We invite filmmakers, choreographers, dance and video artists, producers and distributors to submit works to be presented in the Platform in November 2022 at National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying), the worlds' largest single-roof performing arts center in the south of Taiwan.
For the first time, the biennial Taiwan Dance Platform features screendance competition to call for dance films between 3-20 minutes from all over the world. CHOU Shu-yi, curator of the 2022 Platform, set the theme of "Body Online", revisiting the language of the body during the turmoil in the past two years, to redefine the possibility of performance through dance on screen.
About the concept_ Body Online
Taiwan is an island nation in Asia. During this prolonged period in which international exchanges have basically been at a halt, we have thought about how dance can take place in the virtual world, how artists can create and allow the lifeline of art to continue, how the body and dance have changed in the face of COVID-19, and how the familiar (our bodies) and unfamiliar (use of the camera) have come together to inspire new thoughts for the future.
2022 TDP is looking for these genres of works
- Any types of dance short in the genres of dance film, screen dance, dance for camera, documentary about the body or the world of dance experimental shorts conceptually oriented around the idea of movement.
- The film should be between 3-20 minutes in length.
- There are no criteria of the year of production.
- Each participant can submit up to 2 films.
- Submit before 23:59pm, 18th August 2022 (Taiwan time, GMT+8)
- You must submit your application through the online registration system FilmFreeway or SurveyCake before 18th August 2022 before midnight (Taiwan time, GMT+8). Late submissions are not acceptable.
How it works?
All eligible applications will be reviewed before the end of August 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email on 5th September 2022. The selected director will be awarded US$1000 as royalties for presentation during the Showcase from 22nd October to 20th November 2022.
Important and essential information
Where: National Performing Arts Center - National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying), Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Duration: 22nd October – 20th November 2022
Deadline for applications: 23:59pm, 18th August 2022 (Taiwan time, GMT+8)
Selected works will be presented in the Exhibition Hall of the National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) for free admission.
For more details, please refer to the attachment.