National Performing Arts Center - National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) 2022 Weiwuying Selection plan for performance composition
In order to carry out a new international exchange plan, National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) hopes to provide a platform for Taiwan and international exchanges of arts and culture. For the program of this festival, the Birminham Contemporary Music Group initiated and established by the famous conductor Sir Simon RATTLE will be invited to perform in Weiwuying. We can hope to take this opportunity to promote exchanges between Taiwanese composers and the world. Weiwuying special plan a 2022 Weiwuying performance selection project. At that time, the selected works will be performed in a series of programs held by Birminham Contemporary Music Group and specially invited Taiwanese musicians in the Weiwuying Recital Hall on April 13th and 14th, 2022. Based on domestic and international cooperation as a starting point, the plan can encourage Taiwanese composers to continue to create and practice the promotion of art and literature, so that Taiwanese music talents can flourish on the international stage.
I. Organizer: National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) (hereinafter referred to as the venue)
II. Selection target:
The selection target is limited to "natural persons" who are composers whose birth date is after January 1, 1981 and are engaged in the creation of musical works, and must have the nationality of the Republic of China or a foreigner who holds a residence permit of the Republic of China.
III. Selection conditions and reward:
- Proposal works: Music works of chamber music compilation method for up to 15 people.
- The length of the performance of the work: 10 to 15 minutes.
- The proposed work must be the original creation of the proposer, and the proposal must be made in person. Works that can be proposed include works that have not yet been publicly published or have been published. Nevertheless, the proposed work must ensure that it has not been selected for other selection and solicitation activities. If the work is found to violate these rules after inspection, the qualification of the proposal unit will be cancelled immediately. If the work has been selected by then, the eligibility for selection will be cancelled, and the bonus and related expenses will be recovered. If necessary, the venue will pursue the right of related legal liabilities.
- The selected works will each receive NT$50,000 (including tax) as the authorization fee and bonus for subsequent public performances and related uses.
- Up to 4 works can be selected. The selected works will be performed by Birminham Contemporary Music Group and Taiwanese musicians at the Weiwuying Recital Hall on April 13 and April 14, 2022, and will be conducted by conductor Gregor Mayrhofer.
- Participants and selected composers of their works will have the opportunity to participate in the personal composition master class organized by internationally renowned composers Unsuk CHIN and Bernd Richard DEUTSCCH in April 2022.
IV. Selection method and implementation schedule:
- From now on until 23:59 on December 22, 2021 (Wednesday), this selection plan will be accepted, based on the deadline of the registration website.
- Selection method: A written review will be adopted, and the shortlist will be announced on January 28, 2022 (Friday).
- The judges of this selection competition will be scored by the international composer Unsuk CHIN.
V. Registration method and submission of works:
Applicants should download and fill in the information on the page of this event from now until December 22, 2021 (Wednesday). In addition, applicants are requested to upload the application materials required for registration after completing the filling. The registration materials required for this project are as follows:
- The score of the work (please upload in a clear and readable single file. Only in PDF format, and arranged in the correct order of the page of the music).
- The recording file or Midi file of the work (please use MP4, MP3, WAV, etc.).
- Music commentary in Chinese or English: 600 characters for Chinese and 500 characters for English.
- Upload a photocopy (photograph/scan) of the identity card or residence permit.
- Upload the Consent Form (photograph/scan) of 2022 Weiwuying Selection for performance works.
- Consent form for authorized use of personal data (check online).
- Each proposer is limited to providing one piece of work for application.
- If the proposed work submitted to this project is used to apply for subsidies from other units, the proposer should understand the relevant regulations of each unit and proceed directly.
- For all applicants participating in this selection program, their related rights and obligations have been detailed in the Consent Form of 2022 Weiwuying Selection for performance works. Before the proposal, the applicant has read and fully understood the content of the aforementioned consent form, and uploaded the signed consent form file.
- The proposing unit shall ensure that the works used in this proposal do not violate laws and regulations, and do not infringe the rights of any third party (including but not limited to copyright and distribution rights). As for the proposing unit, the supporting documents of the corresponding use authorization required for the subsequent use of the venue should be delivered for reference. However, the aforementioned reference use does not exempt or reduce the legal or compensation liability of the proposing unit.
- The venue has the right to modify the selection method of this plan, related details and final interpretation.
Mr. Kuo from National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) Artistic Planning Department
Tel: 07-262-6815 (Inquiry time: Monday to Friday 09:30-18:30)